SHORT STORY BOOK CLUB
The short story is a form which can excite, engage, enlighten and entertain — and be an entire fictional movement in 3000 words or less. In Australian publishing, we are seeing an unprecedented number of collections and anthologies being published by a combination of established writers and ground-breaking new talents.
Join emerging writer, Emily Paull, at our monthly Short Story Book Club for people who read and write short stories, as well as those who simply revel in the written word. We will explore exquisite, iconic short fiction collections from the Australian literary canon, modern classics, soon to be published gems, and award-winning collections.
We’ll tease out why these stories resonate, examine the greater motivations behind their work, and revel in the joys of perfectly constructed tale.
Books we have already read:
- Jennifer Down, Pulse Points — 19 September 2017
- Elizabeth Woollett, The Love of a Bad Man — 22 August 2017
- Melanie Cheng, Australia Day — 25 July 2017
- Michelle Wright, Fine — 27 June 2017
- Ryan O’Neill’s, The Weight of a Human Heart — 16 May 2017
- Ellen van Neerven, Heat and Light — 15 March 2017