Come intern with us!
The Centre for Stories internship programme allows current university students and recent graduates the opportunity to experience working for a small non-profit social enterprise and arts organisation. Our internships usually go for a period of six months or one semester and require a minimum amount of hours each week. If you're interested in something a little less structured, think about becoming a Centre for Stories Volunteer instead.
We welcome interns with a background and/or interest in the following areas: media and communications, writing and editing, journalism, public relations, events and administration, and non-profit and arts management.
Our interns make a real difference to our organisation and enjoy involvement with daily operations and programming as they work closely with all our staff to make the Centre for Stories happen. We love our interns!
During the internship, the scope of tasks and responsibilities may involve, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Assisting with the visioning, planning, scheduling and implementation of events and programmes at the Centre for Stories
- Assisting with the management of the website and social media accounts i.e. facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Keeping minutes and attending meetings with partner organisations and external stakeholder
- General administrative tasks such as responding to venue and web enquiries, drafting of documents and event briefs, etc.
- Assisting staff with any other tasks that may arise
- We want our interns to get as much from their experience as we get from having them around, so we try to cater all our internships to each wonderful person.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship but interns will receive a formal reference upon the completion of the program and university internship subject requirements will be signed off if applicable.
What we are looking for
Excellent individuals who:
- Possess strong communication skills
- Have proficient computer skills (also your own laptop is handy!)
- Be organised, with an ability to prioritise time-sensitive assignments
- Be creative and flexible
- Be a socially conscious individual
- Have a familiarity with social media
- Have a background and/or interest in the following areas: media and communications, writing and editing, journalism, public relations, events and administration, and non-profit and arts management
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for an internship with the Centre for Stories, please send through your resume along with a brief cover letter introducing yourself and why you are interested in this opportunity to email@example.com.