The Centre for Stories internship program allows current university students and recent graduates the opportunity to experience working for a small social enterprise. We welcome interns with a background and/or interest in the following areas: media and communications, public relations, journalism, events and administration, and non-profit management.
Our interns will enjoy real involvement with the daily operations of a social enterprise and will work closely with the Program Director. During the internship, the scope of tasks and responsibilities may involve, but is not restricted to, the following:
· Assisting with the management of the website and social media accounts i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
· Assisting with the planning, scheduling and implementation of events at the Centre for Stories
· Keeping minutes and attending meetings with partner organisations and external stakeholders
· General administrative tasks such as responding to venue and web enquiries, drafting of documents and event briefs, etc.
· Assisting the General Manager with any other tasks that may arise
Please note that this is an unpaid internship but interns will receive a formal reference upon the completion of the program and university internship subject requirements will be signed off if applicable.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Successful applicants must:
· Have a background in media and communications, public relations, journalism, event and administration, not-for-profit management or other related discipline
· Possess strong communication skills
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Be organised, with an ability to prioritise time-sensitive assignments
· Be creative and flexible
· Be a socially conscious individual with an interest in non-profit management and community development
· Familiarity with social networking sites is desirable but training can also be provided
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for an internship with the Centre for Stories, please send through your resume along with a brief cover letter introducing yourself and why you are interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.