Visiting literary agent, book editor and author coach, Wendy Yorke, talks through how to fast track your book from: concept to manuscript completion; self and professional editing; and publication.
This unique three-hour workshop designed for fiction and non-fiction writers, focuses on three key steps and includes interactive author coaching exercises. Participants will take away their own Book Completion Action Plan, step by step, with identified milestones. They will also have a clearer understanding of the editing steps required, once their Master Manuscript is written, and their specific publishing options.
1. PROFILE: Writing Clarity
· Your What
· Your Why
· Purpose; Passion; Performance
· Clarity; Commitment; Confidence
· Intention; Courage; Enthusiasm
2. PRODUCT: Writing Process
· Decide on your genre and market
· Describe your readership and target audience
· Identify your book key messages and reader engagement
· Explore your Call To Action for your readers
· Create your unique writer’s voice and credibility
· Select your narrative arc, book structure and style
· Embed your personal writing habit
· Map out your timelines, milestones and Action Plan
3. PLATFORM: Editing, Publishing and Discoverability Process
· Self-editing and professional editing requirements
· The Beta Reader process and comparable works
· Commercial viability; routes to market; publishing options
· Online author profile and presence
Wendy Yorke works in association with The Susan Mears Literary Agency with offices in London, United States and Dubai. She founded her international business - WRITE | EDIT | PUBLISH – to help writers to become published authors; creating new futures for themselves and improving the lives of other people by sharing their messages through their published works. She coaches people to write books; she provides professional editing and proof reading services; and she supports and guides authors through the publishing process. Wendy currently represents author’s written works in Australia, Dubai, Canada, France, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Due to limited seating, we cannot offer ticket refunds. If you have purchased tickets to an event and can no longer attend, you are welcome to pass along your ticket to somebody else. Please notify us if you wish to do so at: firstname.lastname@example.org